To cook a carbonara sauce add the diced bacon to a cold sauté pan and cook slowly over a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels. Combine the eggs, cheese and olive oil in a bowl and beat with a whisk until completely mixed. Drain pasta, toss with the egg, then add the cooked bacon. Serve right away, with additional grated parmigiano cheese and black pepper.
How to use
- You can use this sauce with spaghetti for a spaghetti carbonara or linguine for linguine alla carbonara. A lot of people use also short pasta but is not the best choise.
- If you prefer you can also add a ¼ cup heavy cream: it is not the orginal recipe but you can like it
Not to do
- Forget garlic, peas, broccoli, mushrooms, or other vegetables: are not part of the authentic cabonara souce recipe
- Don't add cream: not only it isn't part of the authentic cabonara souce recipe but you add fat with no reason... better a good part of Olive oil...if you need you can add one or two sppon of hot water (the same fo the cooking pasta)
Tips and Tricks
- Remember: you must use only the red part of the eggs
- Not mix the egg in pot over the fire: the egg mustn't cook, but remain a cream that season the pasta